The CFA Community Safety Team in Gippsland has partnered with Forest and Wood Products Australia Limited to present at their recent Resilience, Recovery and Rebuilding workshops.
The aim of the seminars was to help people who have been impacted by bushfires in Gippsland and New South Wales build their resilience and empowerment as they begin their journey to rebuild and recover from the recent fires.
The workshops, which were hosted by celebrity Tonia Todman, covered bushfire preparation, pet safety, bushfire recovery and rebuilding to optimise fire safety and comfort.
A series of guest speakers covered the following topics:
- Pets and bushfires (CFA)
- How to prepare your property (CFA)
- Bushfire recovery and rebuilding (Eco Design Architects)
- Managing your mental health during and after a bushfire (Royal Flying Doctors Service)
- How I coped when a devastating fire engulfed my home and B&B (Speaker Tonia Todman)
- Why is biophilic design important when designing a new home? (Planet Ark)
Community Education Coordinator Jodie Burt attended along with Community Liaison Bushfire Engagement member John Upton.