In recognition of the significant contribution made by emergency services volunteers the Minister for Emergency Services Ms Jane Garrett MLA has opened the Volunteer Emergency Services Equipment Program 2016/17 today.
The VESEP program is an ongoing program funded by the Victorian Government, which provides access to grants for local volunteer emergency services groups including the CFA.
On behalf of the Victorian Government Ms Garrett recognised the vital role our local volunteer emergency services play.
The CFA VESEP Steering Committee has recommended the following categories are priorities for this funding round:-
- Improvements to Volunteer amenities
- Items that enhance operational safety
- New or replacement auxiliary operational equipment
- The provision of Brigade training aides
- Field Command Vehicles to assist fire ground management
- New or replacement specialist appliances
- The replacement of aged fire fighting appliances
All program details are available via Brigades on Line >Home > Brigade > Property & Equipment > Brigade Owned Vehicles > Current VESEP Details.
Application packs are being mailed to every Brigade and Group Secretary.
Completed applications need to be forwarded to your Operations Manager by the 3rd May 2016.
The Minister is expected to announce the approved projects in late August 2016.
The funding formula allows $2 VESEP for every $1 Brigade/Group with a maximum VESEP contribution of $100k.
Any questions or queries regarding the program should be directed to:-
Ph: 03 9262 8630 or ask you Operations Manager
Author: Diane Frost